Pro Trade Electric

Formerly Enrico's Electrical Company.

Basement, Kitchen or Bathroom Renovations

enricos electrical company kitchen renovation lighting

Beautiful renovations deserve beautiful lighting!

Should I leave my electrical to my general contractor?

Are you looking to finish your basement or renovate your kitchen or bathroom?  Is your general contractor telling you that he has ‘his own electrician’ and that he will include the electrical in the quote?  Here are a few things to consider:

What to ask your general contractor for when it comes to the electrical work

If your general contractor is going to include the electrical work in is proposal, protect yourself!  Make sure he knows you require the electrical permit details and a certificate of inspection when work is complete. If he tells you that you don’t need a permit, don’t hire him!

Do I need an electrical permit? 

Any new wiring in a home requires an electrical permit.  That’s right, even if it is only to install one new light or receptacle location. Don’t be alarmed, electrical permits are not like building permits.  Electrical Contractors (ECRA) are registered with the Electrical Safety Authority (E.S.A.), and can pull a permit up to 48 hours after starting the work. A permit only requires a simple phone call. It is that easy.

By asking for a permit to be taken out, you can be sure that the electrical work is done legally and up to code by a certified electrician. That means that your home, and your family is safe. A permit, is your peace of mind.

Give us a call today for a free quote to upgrade the wiring in your new renovation!

GTA (416) 254-1161

Durham (905) 626-8449

Kawartha (705) 702-2799

enricos electrical basement lighting.jpg

We look forward to hearing from you!

Serving you in the Durham Region, Kawartha Lakes, Harcourt Park and the GTA!

Durham Region
(905) 626-8449

(705) 702-2799

(416) 254-1161


We are a Trusted Licenced Electrical Contractor. ECRA / ESA #7015882

We value your feedback!

%d bloggers like this: